Support June 15, 2022
“Work can have a stressful impact on employees. Even with the simplest forms of yoga and breathing, I can visually see the stress melting away in my corporate classes. When I teach in offices, people will come up to me and say, ‘I’ve been waiting for this all week.” – Kim Sin, Founder- Kim Sin Yoga
A growing concern for many employers around the world today is the health of their employees. Wellness Associates have been catering various corporate wellness programs to companies and have been increasing awareness on the importance of employee wellness. One of such wellness programs exercises has been Yoga which has proven to be an extremely effective way to relieve stress, strengthen the body and mind, and improve overall health. "The number of employees from the corporate world who seek yoga classes have gone up by about 35-40% this year compared with last year (20 %)," said B K Rao, Chairman of ASSOCHAM Health Committee Council.
Yoga is the only form of exercise known to increase flexibility, strength, balance, concentration and breathing capacity while reducing stress and anxiety. Yoga also helps boost morale and interpersonal communication - which for an employer means no more bickering teams or dissatisfied individuals. Wellness Associates for many years has been using a variety of specially curated yoga related workshops for corporate employees that have proven to be successful and help in promoting holistic employee wellbeing. Here's a list of the many Yoga related activities we run throughout the year:
1. Yogic Way - Through this workshop, the practitioners aim to teach simple yoga techniques for body & mind that employees can inculcate during any time of the day.
2. Laughter Yoga - Laughter has been known to be the best medicine and this activity is based on the belief that collectively laughing provides similar physiological & psychological benefits.
3. Chair Yoga - One of the best practices for employees that constantly work on a desk is Chair yoga, an exercise in which postures are performed and / or with aid of a chair.
4. Beautiful You Inside Out - Through this exercise individuals can gain a better understanding of their self and true standards of beauty from ancient yogic scriptures & practising yogic cleansing techniques.
5. Vitamin R (Rest, Relaxation & Rejuvenation) - One of the most known benefits of Yoga is that it provides relaxation and helps you live in the present so through this workshop, individuals experience relaxation through various yogic techniques.
One of the most important reasons for incorporating Yoga into your employees' wellness routine is the ease with which a corporate Yoga program can be implemented with any kind of resources. The only equipment required for a session of Yoga are some floor mats and a bunch of willing participants with a strong desire for a healthier, more fulfilled life. A Yoga program can be conducted just about anywhere such as a conference room or an empty lunchroom. Thus, cultivating a positive workplace environment is essential; and this can be successfully achieved by introducing yoga at work without having to make big routine alterations.